Let Fantasy Gully’s Lineup Builder pick your playing 11 and help create your fantasy team for IPL 2020; be it for Dream11, My11Circle or any fantasy sports platform.
Fantasy Gully’s Lineup Builder uses deep data and sophisticated algorithms to give you a recommended team that helps you maximize your fantasy points i.e. increase your chances of winning some big bucks
Multiple parameters go into determining a player’s Grade (set from A+ to D for every match) including historic performances, form based on recent matches, venue record and performance against a given opponent, across international and domestic matches.
In addition to the grade, the X Factor provides a measure of how ‘volatile’ a player’s performance is -- a high X Factor means a player may go off and have a big game, but he may also fizzle out. A more consistent player -- think KL Rahul -- will have a lower X Factor while a more mercurial player -- like AB de Villiers -- will have a higher X Factor.
We have used the Lineup Builder through this year’s top T20 competition, the Indian Premier League, and have come up with a few great recommendations (and a few not so good ones too!).
Here’s a list of Fantasy Gully’s top hits from IPL 2020 so far that will bolster your playing 11:
1. Match 2 DC vs KXIP: Marcus Stoinis
Performance: 53 and 2-29
We had Marcus Stoinis at an A+ Grade and recommended him for captain/vice-captain in the playing 11 before his first match and boy, did he deliver. The Aussie was the top fantasy performer in this outing thanks to his performances at the death in both innings.
- Match 3 SRH vs RCB: Jonny Bairstow and Devdutt Padikkal
Grades: A+ and A+
Performance: 61 and 56 respectively
Sure, most people would have had Jonny Bairstow in their team. And sure, most people have heard of Devdutt Padikkal now. But our data revealed Padikkal was a star before his first match in IPL 2020 and he delivered! Both players had A+ grades and were recommended for captain/vice-captain roles in some of our playing 11s, and they ended up as two of the top three performers in the match.
- Match 4 RR vs CSK: Sam Curran
Performance: 17 and 3-33
Young Sam Curran has been strong for Chennai Super Kings and we backed him early thanks to his stellar T20 record and good form coming into this IPL 2020 game.
- Match 9 RR vs KXIP: Mayank Agarwal, Sanju Samson and KL Rahul
Grades: A, A+ and A+
Performance: 106, 85 and 69
The top three performers in the match were all graded highly by our algorithms and if you had gone with these recommendations for your playing 11 you could have won big in your daily fantasy sports contest. And on a related note, you can see clear trends now on which pitches lean towards batsmen focused line-ups.
- Match 11 DC vs SRH: Jonny Bairstow, Rashid Khan and Kagiso Rabada
Grades: A+, A and A+
Performance: 53, 3-14 and 2-21
Again, the top three fantasy performers in the game were all highly recommended by Fantasy Gully - heck Kagiso Rabada even had some useful batting points with 15 not out!
And as we’ve had more recent data from the tournament come through, our algorithms have gotten stronger. We are going to be adding up to 10 line-up recommendations for each game now right after the toss. So be sure to check out the Lineup Builder before picking your playing 11 and creating your fantasy team!
And before we sign off, here are few more hits and misses from the first 15 days of action in IPL 2020 based on the top fantasy players in each match
Hits of IPL 2020
- Faf du Plessis (A) 58* vs MI in Match 1- add in his 3 catches and he was the top player in the match
- Lungi Ngidi (A) 3-38 vs MI in Match 1 - this pick wasn’t looking so hot at the start, but he sure came back
- KL Rahul (A+) 132* vs RCB in Match 6 - you probably didn’t need an algorithm to pick this guy!
- Kagiso Rabada (A) 3-26 vs CSK in Match 7- he should get bonus points for getting Faf du Plessis and MS Dhoni in this game
- Manish Pandey (A+) 51 vs SRH in Match 8
- Kieron Pollard (A) 60* vs RCB in Match 10 to go with 2 catches- we missed one other guy in this match (check out or missed below)
- Kieron Pollard (A+) 47* vs KXIP in Match 13
- Devdutt Padikkal (A) 63 vs RR in Match 15
- Shreyas Iyer (A) 88* vs KKR in Match 16 - we had him set for a good score in this game
- David Warner (A+) 60 vs MI in Match 17 - it was only a matter of time before DW delivered
And since we can’t get them right all the time, here are some of the calls we missed!
Misses of IPL 2020
- Shivam Mavi (D) 2-32 vs MI in Match 5 - we didn’t think that was the way, the Mavi way
- Ishan Kishan (D) 99 vs RCB in Match 10 - if you saw that innings coming, more power to you!
- Ravindra Jadeja (C) 50 vs SRH in Match 14 (he didn’t get any wickets though!)
- Quinton de Kock (B) 67 vs SRH in Match 17